allmax-bcaa Allmax Nutrition brings you pure Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) powder in a 2:1:1 ratio. Unlike other amino acids, BCAAs are unique in that they are taken up by the muscles directly, whereas other aminos are processed by the liver. BCAAs are critical to building quality muscle fast. BCAAs are widely known to increase the rate of muscle growth in response to training. In fact, research indicates that as much as 14 per cent of muscle tissue is comprised of BCAAs. BCAAs are highly anti-catabolic.
WHY DO BCAAS MATTER?
Leucine, isoleucine, and valine are the three branched chain amino acids (BCAAs), so named because of their nonlinear (“branched”) carbon atom configuration. Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins, and proteins, as you probably know, make up the structure of the body. Amino acids are either produced in the body (termed, “nonessential”), or they must be supplied from the diet (termed, “essential”).
- Delay Fatigue During Prolonged Exercise
- Improve Aerobic and Anaerobic Performance When Taken Regularly
- Fortify the Immune System
- Protect Lean Muscle (Insurance for your Muscles!)
- Promote Muscle Protein Synthesis
- Reduce Exercise-Induced Muscle Soreness and Damage
HOW TO TAKE:
- Take between 4-20 g per day (that’s at least three BCAA capsules)
- Make it a habit – studies observe benefits after a week or more of supplementation
- Use anytime – before, during, and after workouts
TAKE HOME MESSAGE:
- beneficial for athletes, individuals engaged in high volume or prolonged exercise
- those on restrictive diets who may not get enough from whole food sources
- intake to be safe for healthy adults in doses of 4-20 g per day
- prolonged intake one week or more showing greater benefits than acute (short term) intake.
- Aim for 2-3 g leucine between meals, before, during or after workouts to maximize muscle protein synthesis
- beneficial for delaying the onset of fatigue